Sunday, March 7, 2010

maybe the best book ever written by a 5 1/2 yr old

Clearly, I am totally biased on this issue. So I guess you'll just have to read and then judge for yourselves.

(Oh, in case you can't tell what this is: this is a blank book intended for just this very purpose--to inspire kids to author their own story. This particular book has an empty oval center on each page. L. started with that, and built up the rest of the plot.)


(front cover: I omitted the author's name)
















(back cover)

8 comments:

Billy said...

I hope L. never, ever stops doing stuff like this, even when she's all grown up. You did such a great job!!

Anonymous said...

I love this book! I love the imaginative illustrations and all. Great job, Lucy!!
Grammie

Host said...

I was shocked by the ending. I had really been holding out for 'black tomato that's walking'.

Kris Livovich said...

No maybe about it. THE best book.

Kris Livovich said...

And maybe Miss L. needs to read your other blog. Blackface lion indeed.

clairesd said...

I KNOW ,right?! Somebody needs to teach that girl some racial sensitivity...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
le petit prince said...

that's impressive:creativity and ability to express it so well. I am amazed and you are not biased but lucky to be her wonderful Mom (a thought for the wonderful Dad as well)
My favorite was that of the Black Snow Man.