Wednesday, February 10, 2010

language

In some ways, I was apprehensive about L. starting school. Kids can be mean, and also there was no telling what new concepts other children might introduce her to.

She came home one day to tell me that one of her friends (who seems like a good kid, and whose parents I have met) says the "S" word all the time. I was horrified! Five year olds, saying that word?

"Oh no! That's not good! Do other kids say it, too?"

"Lots of them do," she told me. "And you know what? They even think it's not a bad word!"

"Well it is!" I insisted. I just couldn't believe it.

Then I thought about it for a minute. "Wait a minute. What's the 's' word?"

She wouldn't speak it so she just whispered: "Stupid."

2 comments:

Auntie J said...

aaack! wash her mouth out with soap!!

Anonymous said...

oh come on. that's just 's'.