Wednesday, August 19, 2009

first day of kindergarten

we had a french toast breakfast with fresh melon to go with it, her hair was trimmed, her dress stitched up just in time (phew), lunch bag packed, school supplies purchased and in her new backpack ready to go...

was she ready or what!





my two favorite moments of the morning: the first was when she realized that today was not the only day she got to school, but that she would get to go EVERY day. She kept repeating, "Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday and Friday (and then not Saturday or Sunday), and then Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday...Wow!"
but my number one favorite part...I was brushing her hair and she sighed, "this is going to be so fun..."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

School??? My gosh, it's only August 19. Where did summer go? Will she go all day or half day? Lucky L, learning is fun. BBerry

Anonymous said...

I hope there are videos too! What great first day of school pictures, and great memories!! Do you also have pictures of Mom crying?

Julia said...

Hope every day continues to be as exciting for her as Day 1!! Have a great adventure, Lucy!!

Catherine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kris Livovich said...

What wonderful fun! How'd the first day go? Along with all the others I suppose.

Theresa Preston-Werner said...

I love the pigtails! I'm so excited for you L!

Anonymous said...

She is so your daughter. What a beautiful little lady.

Leia