Sunday, August 23, 2009

finding that perfect match

yesterday's conversation...

L.: "Mommy, when I grow up can I marry BR?"
Me: "Uh, no honey, you have to find someone who isn't in our family."
L.(after thinking about it for a minute): "Okay, then, how about Ben?" (Ben is my cousin's boyfriend)
Me: "No, honey. Bethany really loves Ben, and I'm pretty sure Ben loves Bethany." (he does: he proposed yesterday!)

today's conversation...(she must've spent the night trying to think up other options)

L: "I think there is a boy at my school who likes me."
Me: "Oh yeah? How do you know he likes you?"
L: "Well, he says goofy things and plays with me on the playground and he never even hitted me!"

2 comments:

beth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
le petit prince said...

That's great how school opens up new perspectives. L. is indeed precoe in that field too.