Saturday, May 2, 2009

warning: this one is about poo

Rejoice with us, for A. has finally gone poo on the potty.
At age 3 years and 2 months of age, A. was still making no progress toward becoming potty-trained (for #2). She was just terrified of the pot and I had run out of ideas. Finally, enough was enough and I decided it was better to give her fair warning that the night-time diapers were going away, forever. So we had a dramatic 10-day build-up and finally it was time.
Today marks Day 6 of poo-training and there had been zero progress (but a plenty of crying and wailing during which I wondered if my tactics qualified as torture--you would have thought so from her reaction). And then this evening: absolute victory! We were all ecstatic and her cheerleading crew (L & BR) were thrilled that we would get the promised ice-cream cones to celebrate this victory with proper fanfare. I also decided to reward her with a sticker. How about the letter "A", for her name?
L.: "And a P for poo!"

3 comments:

le petit prince said...

congratulations for the A sticker and the P too! she is a Big Girl now. And what a wonderful stage for the parents too.

Anonymous said...

So Proud of you, A. You deserve that ice cream cone!
-graMoM

Auntie J said...

Nice! Tell her congratulations from me.

I just told P the news. I said "hey, guess what, A figured out how to go poopoo in the potty!"

And he said "Why?"

It's his standard reply to anything, these days.