Saturday, April 10, 2010

an idea...

After a long outing in the morning, I was trying to think up something creative to keep us busy indoors for the rest of the afternoon and evening. I came up with the idea of a "games contest," and ran it by L.: "How about we play a lot of games this afternoon, and it will be a contest but we can make it so that EVERYONE will win something?" (L. is somewhat (ahem, cough) competitive. It is WAY too stressful for her to willingly enter into contests unless the outcome is, shall we say...assured from the start.)

So I suggested that she come up with some ideas for games during naptime, and I would brainstorm too, and we would put our wits together once everyone woke up.

Well, next think I knew, she had it all organized. She had made a list of nine games (she was sure to use plenty of alliteration in the titles: "Fantastic Fishing," "Reading Race," and so on...) and then laid out any materials we would need for each game. She explained the rules and then monitored everyone's compliance.

Here we are, participating in the "Coloring Contest":


She made it really fun for everyone, including herself. That's pretty easy to do, especially if you appoint yourself judge and participant, because then you get to win every single time.

4 comments:

Billy said...

Now I'm kinda hungry for knowing the whole list of nine games . . .

Auntie J said...

L for president 2030!!

Anonymous said...

why just one country to rule? why not Empress L so that she can have a whole empire? (I am sure her serfs would be happy serfs - happy, colouring serfs!)

clairesd said...

Billy, I have tried to track down that list, but alas. I just can't seem to remember the other ones, and well, we can't have La Loose knowing I am blogging about her... (tee hee)