Wednesday, August 13, 2008

this is too easy

L. and A. are pretty good eaters, and I don't often have to coax them through a meal. But sometimes I need to. This morning's conversation with L.:

"Mommy, may I be excused from the table?"
"No, you need to eat a few more bites."
"How many?"
"Uh, how about, 7?"
"No, I'm going to eat 10!"

--------------------------------
A., at age 2.5, is in that magical phase of desperately trying to express her wishes through any means and especially through, um, volume. There was some great disappointment for her yesterday and she wouldn't stop wailing. I guess her sadness was too much for L. to bear because after a few moments I heard her trying to soothe her, by commanding her:
A.: "Waaahhh!!"
L.: "A, giggle!"
A: "Waaahhh!"
L.: "Giggle, A., GIGGLE!! GIGGLE! A.: GIGGLE!!!!"
A.: "Tee hee hee!!"
L. & A: "Ha ha ha, hee hee!"
Wait a minute. That actually worked?

4 comments:

Catherine said...

That is so great! What a sweet big sister. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like SOMEBODY'S been watching "Supernanny." Everything I know about taking care of tantrums I learned from Nanny Jo.

Meredith said...

i'm surprised you didn't know that!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious...your blog always puts a huge smile on my face!