Friday, November 30, 2007

thank you, Dr. Daddy, for our 3-yr old's vocabulary

So there we are, happily grocery shopping and L. is--yes, you guessed it--talking. On and on and on. And I just tune her out half the time. Well, like 3/4 of the time. And she says, "come this way, Mommy, come this way" trying to pull me and the cart down an aisle where we do not need to go. So I try to brush her off and carry on, but she keeps insisting and I keep saying no, until finally she can't keep back the tears and throws herself down to the ground sobbing, and pointing at a big poster by the cereal aisle: "But Mommy, I just want to show you Spongebob's uvula!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your children use big words - I don't even know what body part that is. my kids get stuck in laundry baskets... What a vocabulary! Super cute!

kris