Monday, March 3, 2008

they talk and talk and talk

L.'s pretty good at letting us know what she does and doesn't like. We usually don't have to wonder.

L. (calmy eating her breakfast cereal. she looks up): "Mommy, I don't want any robots to eat me."

later that same morning...
L. (once again, out of nowhere): "Mommy, I don't want to be a surfer when I grow up."

Got it.


When we don't know what's on her mind, we can simply consult her artwork.
This one's entitled: "Belly Button Store"



I am told they are not cheap, but are in fact, very expensive. That's only fair, considering the high demand. One thing you can't accuse her of being: out of touch with today's market fluctuations.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although I know you guys will protect her, L. is right to be cautious about robots, because they're strong, and their arms are made of metal.

Anonymous said...

And just in case anyone needs a refresher, the threat is real:

http://www.robotmarketplace.com/video_oldglory_hi.html

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the third comment, but this just might be my favorite post ever on this blog. I can't let the belly button store go uncelebrated either. I seriously, seriously love L.'s mind. It's everything I'm down with creatively.

Oh, btw, I think the link I posted didn't paste all the way in the blogger comment box. So, for the curious, make sure that after the "hi." there is an "html"

Anonymous said...

I'm with uncle Billy on this one... she's got the most fascinating mind. Can we schedule a play date soon so I can soak up some of her genius? - Aunt K

Anonymous said...

Absolutely a great marketing ploy... Many Many women would pay big money to see their belly buttons again!!