Monday, January 14, 2008

stop


L. likes to set up this sign (from her miniature train set) anytime she needs to put a stop to anything: like, "stop cooking!" or "stop reading!"

I'd like to find a way to stop her from talking all the time! I tried that once, and it didn't go so well:
Me: "L., you know you don't have to talk all the time."
Her: (genuinely surprised) "I don't?"

Or, here's another one.
"L., please stop saying 'why' or asking questions anytime I say anything."
"Why?"
"Because you are always repeating everything I say."
"I'm always repeating everything you say?"
"Yes, you do it alot."
"I do?"
Sigh...

(ps: I am NOT joking, we actually had that conversation.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I don't think you are joking but I do wonder if you and L. are eavesdropping on us. Imitators!